I’ve been re-watching Buffy on Netflix. I’m on season 5 now, or “The season where Buffy, again, proves she can still be even more awesome.” I really like Buffy.
Some alternate show titles I think are pretty accurate:
- Giles Getting Knocked Out A Lot
- Powerful Woman Puts Up With Everyone’s Incompetence
- Teenage Girls Have Been Changing The World For Centuries
- Yes, We Know The First Season Is Ridiculously Bad But Trust Us, It Gets Better
- Don’t Get Too Attached To Angel…
- If Buffy Is Not Your Favorite Character, What Are You Doing With Your Life?
- Men Not Listening To Buffy For No Good Reason
- Get Ready To Have Complicated Feelings About A Vampire Named Spike
Slovenia is beautiful. It’s the kind of deep green and blue place you’d expect to see in children’s books about castles and dragons. It’s also the kind of place I’ve never thought about visiting and might not always find quickly on a map. (Fun fact: A lot of mail meant for Slovenia mistakenly ends up in Slovakia.)
Coincidentally, Slovenia was featured in two documentaries I watched recently. In the Netflix series, Chef’s Table, there’s an episode about a Slovenian Chef named Ana Ros. She cooks amazing food inspired by the sloping hills and clear rivers of her town, nestled in Slovenia’s Soca Valley. In Where to Invade Next, Michael Moore visits Slovenia to highlight their free university system and progressive politics… in addition to the gorgeous mountain landscapes.Now that I know more about Slovenia, it’s on my ever-growing list of places I’d love to visit.