- Slept in a little because I stayed up last night streaming C-SPAN.
- Tried a gluten-free breakfast sandwich because they were out of everything else. It was my least favorite no-gluten thing to ever eat.
- Tried to take Austin Kleon‘s very good advice about staying informed without burning yourself out on news before your day begins – You can be woke without waking up to the news. I lasted 20 minutes.
- Saw two dogs on campus that looked like the big and little versions of each other! (I couldn’t snap a photo because they were playing too much.)
Hm, what else? Oh yeah…
- Woke up to millions of Americans still having their healthcare.
I don’t suddenly feel less anxious about the overall state of the government but today it seems a little easier to focus on the people who are doing good. Like ADAPT and the many women in our government who somehow find a way to keep fighting in the face of all this, like Patty Murray, Kamala Harris, & Maxine Waters.
And last night, Mazie Hirono showed real life courage:
We have a long road ahead, but just being able to even mention a few positive, encouraging people and news headlines today feels like a big step.