It’s a new week. And I’m still here.
- Yesterday morning I missed a crucial left turn driving to work, so I had to drive about 10 minutes out of my way to turn around. I’ve never missed that turn.
- My eyes have been sort of twitching on and off for over a week now. At first I thought it was something with my contacts, but then I stopped wearing my contacts…
- I’ve been going to bed about an hour later and waking up about 30-45 minutes earlier every day for the past couple of weeks.
- Lately, I feel perpetually behind on tasks and over-booked for activities. Nothing feels easy.
- I forgot my office keys at home today too. I’ve never forgotten my office keys.
It’s a new week. And I want to be here.
- Despite feeling exhausted, I’ve been setting time aside each day to draw, read, or work on a project I enjoy.
- I’ve also been making time to just sit and watch something that makes me laugh, like Tiffany Haddish telling a story, or 30 Rock episodes on Netflix.
- I’ve also been making time daily for 10 minutes of mindful meditation. Overall, this is beneficial, but specifically it helps me check-in with my brain & make sure I’m not telling myself too many negative stories.
- Yoga with Adriene – 7 minute stress relief, remains essential to my weeks.
- I decided to start therapy again to work on myself more. I realized last week that I have told three people this month about how much therapy has helped me manage my anxiety, so I’m going to take my own advice, and reach out for another source of help. We’re not alone.