Last week, a few unexpected things popped up that felt urgent and important (as things do) and sort of derailed an otherwise steady week. Things I originally had planned for the week:
- Clothes shopping (again) because I really need to get some clothing that fits (see last year’s weight gain) and also I clean out my closet for donations like every other month but oops, forgot to get new stuff.
- Do a big spring clean of the house.
- Look into a list of fun things to do while family is visiting.
- Order some small rugs for around the house.
- Grocery store run + meal prep.
- Set up some new pages in my Bullet Journal.
- Stop avoiding shopping, obviously.
Of those things, I accomplished 0 items.
It happens. Or, doesn’t happen, as it were. I woke up toward the end of the week feeling very behind and out of sorts and wondering if I was capable of life at all, and then came across a Yoga with Adriene video that I felt was pretty timely:
Trying to stick with yoga (mostly) every day this year has really been like waking up to a supportive friend (who is also a stranger in a video) when I need it most. That (plus coffee) always gets me back on my feet. Onward we go…
Header photo from my desk. Art by Marc Johns.